Think Your Interview Process is Fair? Read This Letter.
BY Suzanne Lucas, inc.com
Most companies demand plenty of information from job applicants. There’s no good reason for this to be a one-way street.
What would happen if job candidates treated you the way you treat them? You might be receiving letters such as this…
- Here’s How Elon Musk Can Tell If Job Applicants Are Lying About Their Experience (businessinsider.com)
- Five Tips for Smart Hiring Decisions (huffingtonpost.com)
Tickets On Sale Now
Dropcam has come a long way from selling someone else’s hardware.
The home surveillance hardware company, which started out by selling cameras made by Axis, is updating its product line again with the $200…
Light just reached one of the darker corners of the web: the FBI has seized Silk Road, a site infamous for hosting anonymized, Bitcoin-based drug and gun sales. The move follows a sting operation that also led to the arrest of site founder…
Some of us can’t eat gluten, while others need to stay away from certain fats. Mealtime can be incredibly stressful for people with dietary restrictions — especially when dining out — since manufacturers aren’t always required to…
How to use 23andMe without giving up your genetic privacy
Sarah A. Downey, venturebeat.com
Sarah A. Downey is an attorney, privacy analyst, and writer at Abine, an online privacy startup in Boston. Find her on Twitter @SarahADowney.
If you’re like me, the idea of knowing what’s in your genetic profile is both…
- How to use 23andMe without giving up your genetic privacy (venturebeat.com)
- 23andMe surrenders, sort of: Testing kits rebranded to offer ‘ancestry info’ now (medcitynews.com)
- Women sue 23andMe over marketing claims (bizjournals.com)
- The problems with the BRCA test from 23andMe (kevinmd.com)
Fed up with watching young tech savants like Mark Zuckerberg leave for the west coast, the Massachusetts government suggested it is ready to take a major step to level the playing field: banning so-called non-compete agreements that…